Oh my gosh. The latest collaboration between McNally Smith and THE GARAGE. This is going to be…AWESOME!
WHAT: “Bootcamp” for Teen Bands culminating with an evening concert featuring: DJ Abilities, Wiping Out Thousands and Koo Koo Kangaroo
WHEN: Saturday, August 17th – All Day
Calling all teen bands! Are you ready to take your music to the next level? Then don’t miss out on the No Limits Festival, where you’ll get insider tips on the music industry and have an opportunity to perform with big name artists. Space is limited — register your band today!
The day starts at McNally Smith College of Music in St. Paul, where teen bands will attend various workshops and panels and have the opportunity to learn firsthand from music industry professionals. Highlights:
- Learn how to get noticed from local media, radio and talent buyers
- Take your music to the next level with individualized band coaching sessions
- Develop your songwriting skills
- Lean to make the most of social media to promote your band/brand online
- Have the opportunity to be awarded 24 hours of studio time at McNally Smith’s recording studios
- Have the chance for your band to be selected to kick off the evening concert showcase at THE GARAGE.
Workshops and panels will be lead by music industry professionals, including:
- Andrea Swensson (from 89.3 The Current)
- Sean McPherson (bassist for Dessa and Heiruspecs)
- Toki Wright (Rhymesayers recording artist)
- DJ Abilities (Rhymesayers recording artist)
- Wiping Out Thousands (one of Vita.MN’s Best New Bands of 2013)
- Koo Koo Kanga Roo
After a full day of workshops and performances, The No Limits Festival moves to Burnsville, where THE GARAGE will host an evening all-ages concert from 5:30–11:00 p.m. featuring DJ Abilities, Wiping Out Thousands and Koo Koo Kanga Roo. Other artists are yet to be announced, including one outstanding band selected from the festival participants.